The Best Paper Award and the Best Reviewer Award are established in 2021 and started in 2022 by the IAHR and the China Institute of Water Resources and Hydropower Research(IWHR) to recognize the outstanding papers and reviewers which contributed to ‘Journal of Ecohydrualics’(hereinafter referred to as the Journal) and to encourage scientists to contribute to the varied research in the field of ecohydraulics.
The Awards are made biennially to 2 authors of the paper judged the most outstanding paper and 2 reviewers judged to provide most outstanding reviews of the paper submitted to the Journal.
The Best Paper Award and the Best Reviewer Award will both consist of an award certificate and monetary prize of 1000 Euro.
1. The Best Paper Award will be made annually to 2 authors whose papers demonstrate novel investigations and research interactions, bridging disciplinary divides, as well as integrate physical and ecological processes. The Best Reviewer Award will be made annually to 2 reviewers for their expertise, dedication, high quality, and timely review reports.
2. The editorial board members are invited to submit candidates for nomination for the Best Paper Award and the Best Reviewer Award. Each associate editor could recommend 2 papers and 2 reviewers. A proposal for nomination shall be completed with a clear argumentation (maximum one page).
The paper selection criteria can refer to the following aspects:
-Importance of topic (eg. academic frontier, practical value)
-Scientific and innovative (eg. substantial breakthroughs or progress)
-Influence and effect (eg. widely recognized by peers, high citation)
-Writing quality and standard
The awarded papers and the awarded reviewers will be finally selected by the Journal’s Award Committee composed of the Editor, Associate Editors of the Journal and a representative from IWHR.
3. The selection process will start after the publication of the last issue of the year, and the list of awardees will be determined and announced at the end of the year.
4. The awardee of the Best Paper and the Best Reviewer will be invited to present lectures at the Journal’s webinars and to introduce and promote his research and work. The subject of the lecture will be agreed upon by the awardee and the Editor.
5. The awardee will be given a suitable certificate which will state the purpose of the Award and indicate the specific contribution(s) of area(s) of endeavour for which the awardee is recognized. The awardee will also receive a monetary honorarium of €1,000.
6. The awards need not be made within the year in which the Award Committee considers none of the nominees to be of sufficient high quality
7. Wide distribution of awardees among different areas of specialization is to be considered. Efforts will also be made to ensure a wide geographical distribution.
8. No individual shall receive the Award more than once.